Yes, yes, I know, Christmas is upon us, but I’m headed to town to the grocery store to buy all those last minute ingredients I don’t have on hand and to buy sweet potatoes in order to make a batch of sweet potato pies for the family. (My niece, Jen Jen, dropped some heavy hints yesterday during a family gathering!)
I’ve posted this recipe before, but I’m making it for this year’s pre-Christmas family gathering. That is because my three sons work different hitches on tugboats, and we end up having several get togethers so each one can celebrate some semblance of family Christmas.
This year, I’m making the entire recipe, but I’m splitting it in half. In one dish, I will use a red pepper jelly, and in the other dish, I will use a green pepper jelly. Holiday colors!
- 2 Cups Mayonnaise
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cups Chopped Pecans
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Green Onions
- 1 Small Jar Pepper Jelly
- Mix together the first four ingredients and spread into a shallow glass dish.
- Spread the jar of pepper jelly over the top.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
HO HO HO!
And a very Merry Christmas!