Happy New Year, everyone! I just wish it was a healthier start to 2022. With so many folks down with the creeping crud, it’s high time I share the best chicken soup recipe with you. As with almost all recipes, this one has a little history. The original recipe came to me from my dear friend and mentor, Mrs. Marilyn. I have adapted it over the years, and the end result is what I will share today. I made it for her and her 90-year-old hubby not too long ago, and she said they loved it. I hope she wasn’t just being kind, but she approved of the tiny changes I’ve made. It tastes great and will really open up your sinuses! If you try it, please let me know how you like it.
Mrs. Marilyn’s Chicken Noodle SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 2 Stalks Celery Chopped
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2-3 each Carrots Sliced round
- 1 Cup Chicken, cooked or Canned breast meat
- 1 Quart Chicken broth Bought or homemade
- 1-2 Cups Water
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cube Chicken Bouillon optional
- 2-3 Cups Narrow Egg Noodles You can use any, just don't overcook them
- Melt butter in soup pot, add celery and onion, sauté about 5 minutes
- Add carrots and sauté 5 more minutes
- Add broth, mushroom soup, 1 can of water, stir until mixed well
- Add bouillon if you choose to. This just adds a little more flavor
- Add chicken, mix well.
- Cook 5 minutes
- Add noodles and cook until carrots and noodles are soft. Add 1 more can of water at this time if you want a thinner soup.
- Last, taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper at this time
I’ve been a little under the weather myself, so if something is missing from this recipe, PLEASE let me know, and I will adjust it.
Enjoy your soup and happy 2022!