Terry, one of our readers, is looking for a fig pie recipe. I have not yet made this recipe, but it comes highly recommended from my friend Lynn’s website: Eat Like a Native. This site features real Louisiana cooking by local folks. If you haven’t visited, please feel free. I put out a bulletin over there and this recipe was the result:
Fresh Fig PiePrint Recipe
- 5 c . peeled figs cut in half
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 7 tbsp sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 6 tbsp butter
- 10 inch lattice-top pastry
- 1 tsp . cinnamon or apple spice
- Select figs that are ripe and firm. Cut in half.
- Place figs in an unbaked 10 inch pastry shell.
- Combine cornstarch, sugar and spice; sprinkle over figs. Add lemon juice and dot with butter.
- Form lattice top with strips of pastry.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until brown.
If you make the pie, please let us know how you liked it, ok?