This red fish ceviche recipe comes from the Gulf Coast of Texas where Charlie Graml tells me this dish is where one red fish ends up after each trip.
Red Fish Ceviche
- One large red fish
- Add 1/2 onion chopped fine
- 5 or 6 Persian limes no seeds
- 10 dashes of Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 10 dashes of Tabasco Jalapeno Mild sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- Dash of oregano
- Dash of white pepper
- 1/2 cup of Chablis
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 Bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 Avocado
- Fillet the red fish and chop in 1/2 inch pieces.
- Put in large pot.
- Finely chop the onion and juice the limes.
- Add to the pot along with the next 6 ingredients
- Cover and let sit in refrigerator for about 2 1/2 hours.
- Dice the tomato and cilantro.
- Scoop out the avocado in small spoonfuls or chop finely.
- Spread this mixture over the fish and refrigerate for another 30 minutes.
Recipe NotesDo not let sit longer than 3 hours or it will turn to rubber.
Serve with crackers or chips.