This red fish ceviche recipe comes from the Gulf Coast of Texas where Charlie Graml tells me this dish is where one red fish ends up after each trip.
- One large red fish
- Add 1/2 onion chopped fine
- 5 or 6 Persian limes no seeds
- 10 dashes of Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 10 dashes of Tabasco Jalapeno Mild sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- Dash of oregano
- Dash of white pepper
- 1/2 cup of Chablis
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 Bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 Avocado
- Fillet the red fish and chop in 1/2 inch pieces.
- Put in large pot.
- Finely chop the onion and juice the limes.
- Add to the pot along with the next 6 ingredients
- Cover and let sit in refrigerator for about 2 1/2 hours.
- Dice the tomato and cilantro.
- Scoop out the avocado in small spoonfuls or chop finely.
- Spread this mixture over the fish and refrigerate for another 30 minutes.
Do not let sit longer than 3 hours or it will turn to rubber.
Serve with crackers or chips.