It’s holiday time again, and everyone is looking for that special little something to leave in the mailbox for the mail carrier, or send to school for the teacher, janitor, or lunch lady. While we’re experiencing a little break in the price for gasoline, no such luck in the realm of groceries and other sundries. So, here’s an easy and inexpensive little recipe that takes more time than ingredients. I’m sure anyone who enjoys a little spice in life will appreciate your taking the time to mix them up a batch of these oh-so-very-addictive red-pepper delights.
W A R N I N G : Since these crackers are addictive, be sure to make a batch for your family, because they will disappear before you can package them up for gift giving!
- 1/2 Cup canola oil
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
- 3 T crushed red peppers
- 10 oz Bag oyster crackers, any brand
- 1 gallon Zip-loc bag
- Mix first three ingredients in a jar and shake, mixing well.
- Put crackers in Zip-loc and pour mixture over crackers.
- Toss in bag every fifteen minutes for an hour.
- Store in air-tight container or put in canning jars or plastic gift bags, wrap in red ribbon, and attach the recipe for gift giving!
This recipe is great for kids to make, and that way they can give a gift which they made themselves!
And that, my dear friends, is all there is to it. The KIDS can even make this recipe themselves. Also, if you want to get brave, buy some Nabisco Premium Mini Crackers and try this, or even a sleeve of regular sized saltines might work.
It’s beginning to look a lot like chaos!
The traffic in town, I mean!