Y’all are going to hate me after you try this recipe simply because it can be so addictive and because it is so super easy and quick and hits that chocolate/sweet craving that many of us try to ignore. This brownie brings “instant gratification” and indulgence to a whole new level!
Her name is Kay, and she and I “follow” each other on Instagram. She is known as Louisiana Woman and writes a blog of the same name, which is chock full of recipes from her southern heritage.
She was kind enough to permit me to share her recipe with y’all, and I know you’re going to love it (and hate either her or me or both!)! It is so simple and I bet you have all the ingredients on hand. I did!
So, let’s get on with it, and just let me warn you, don’t try it if you’re not ready to love it.
Fudgy Chocolate BrowniePrint Recipe
- 1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate squares
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or Swerve sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder (I had none. It was fine without)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Grab a large microwave safe mug and place the butter and chocolate in it.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir until butter is dissolved. Microwave for 15 seconds more and stir until chocolate is dissolved.
- Stir in sugar for about 20 seconds then the egg until it is thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the espresso powder and salt stirring to combine.
- Add vanilla, stir, then add flour mixing thoroughly
- Place mug in microwave oven and cook on high for 1 minute and 10 seconds or until the top of the brownie looks cooked.
- Remove with oven mitt from the oven and allow to cool on a heat-proof surface for a few minutes.
- Serve plain or topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
And there you have it! Quick, easy, and delicious desert for one! However, since I don’t want to gain back the weight I’ve lost, I split mine in half and shared it with Miah. He was so appreciative! Believe me, half is really all you need to whet your chocolate appetite! If you try it, please let us know how you like it, and pay Kay a visit!
Bon appetit, mon amis,